Home > Change GPS Location > [2022 Updated] Best 3 Pokémon Emulators for iPhone
Sep 27, 2021 (Updated: Aug 19, 2022)
6 min read
There are a series of the classic Pokémon games. Which is at the top in your list? The first-generation Pokémon Red and Blue released in 1996? The second-generation Pokémon Gold and Silver began in 1999? Or the Pokémon trading card game in 1998? These games might have woken up your memories of childhood when you playing them on Game Boy.
You may want to play the games again now but find it’s difficult to get a Game Boy. Then you might wondercan I play classic Pokémon games on my iPhone? Yes, you can achieve that with an emulator. Now, let’s look into some Pokémon emulators for iPhone to help you access classic Pokémon games on iPhone and also recommend popular Pokémon games nowadays.
Part 1 Play Classic Pokémon Games on iPhone With Pokémon Emulators
- 1. GBA4iOS
- 2. Delta
- 3. Game Play Color
Part 2 Play Recently Released Mobile Pokémon Games on iPhone
- 1. Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokémon Quest
Bonus:How to Spoof Your Location in Mobile Game Pokémon GO
Part 1 Play Classic Pokémon Games on iPhone With Emulators
Using a emulator is the most straightforward way to play the classic Pokémon games on an iPhone or iPad. The emulator apps are able to simulate the operating system of a game console like Game Boy on your iOS devices. On this account, you could access the classic games only for the Game Boy or Game Boy Advance or any other game console on your iPhone or iPad.
Are Pokémon emulators illegal?
The answer is "No". It's totally legal to use. But you have to get ROMs so as to play the Pokémon games on iPhone with emulators. And sharing ROMs is forbidden. So you may need to spend some effort to look for the ROMs.
No matter how you get the ROMs, let's continue with the top 3 Pokémon emulators for iOS. You could choose any one of them according to your preference and convenience.
There are numerous emulators available for download online, and with so much choice it can be hard to ascertain which ones are genuinely worthwhile. The GBA4iOS emulator is probably one of the best emulators that you can find for your iPhone. And it supports any iOS device running iOS 7.0 or higher.
First and foremost, you don't need to jailbreak your iPhone in order to use it. With the GBA4iOS emulator you can play a huge variety of games, and your gameplay experience is further enhanced by the array of features it contains, including multiplayer support, controller skins, save states as well as cheat codes.
However, it's important to remember that Apple doesn't really allow emulators on the App Store, which is why you'll need to find another way to install GBA4iOS on your iPhone. With these step-by-step instructions you should be able to easily and quickly install this versatile emulator on your iOS device:
- 1. In your iPhone's browser, type in "gba4iOSapp.com". You'll arrive at the homepage of the website, and there'll be an option to download GBA4iOS 2.1.
- 2. When you choose to download this tool, you'll see a window prompting you to install it. Just follow the process through to completion.
- 3. Once the GBA4iOS emulator is installed on your iPhone, launch the app and you will be prompted with a pop-up asking you whether or not you permit access to the application. When you click 'Continue', the application will open on your phone.
- 4. In some cases, GBA4iOS might not work straight away. This usually means that you need to change the data by entering Settings > General > Date & Time on your iPhone. Set the date to one day back. Reopen the GBA4iOS application and it should be working again.
- 5. If you already have the Pokémon ROMs (a virtual version of the actual game) then you just need to upload it to the emulator by going into the settings of GBA4iOS, signing into your Dropbox account and then uploading the ROMs by enabling Dropbox sync.
- 6. If you don't have the ROMs, then you'll have to click on '+' icon on the app, and then choose the game that you want to download from the internal browser and start the installation process.
- 7. At the top of the GBA4iOS application you'll see three tabs, you have to select the one which says 'All' so that you can access all GBA and GBC games.
- 8. Then select your game of choice and enjoy!
The Delta emulator is one of the most reputable and reliable iPhone emulators that you can find, and it's the perfect choice for any gaming enthusiast. As with the GBA4iOS emulator, you don't need to jailbreak your iPhone in order to use Delta. What's more, it supports iOS 10 and above as well as a huge variety of classic and modern consoles including GB, GBA, GBC and NDS, to name just a few. It also has a great number of exciting features such as cloud syncing and multi-player facilities.
As with any emulator, Delta cannot be downloaded directly from the App Store. It is for this reason that you will have to use a third-part installation website to download this particular emulator. Following are a list of instructions for downloading Delta:
- 1. AltStore is the official distribution platform for the Delta emulator. Just search for the AltStore website in your computer's browser and then follow the installation process.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes, making sure Wi-Fi sync is enabled.
- 3. Start the AltServer and make sure it's running. When its logo appears in your Windows bar, select the logo.
- 4. A window will appear with a button saying 'Install AltStore', click on this and then select the device you want to install on.
- 5. Just enter your Apple credentials and wait for the installation process to finish.
- 6. Open the AltStore on your iPhone and search for the Delta emulator app, click on the 'Free' button to install Delta onto your iOS device.
- 7. Make sure your Pokémon ROMs are downloaded on your device, then launch the Delta app and click on the '+' sign, you can then browse through your iPhone's files and click on the desired ROMs in order to load them and start playing.
3. Game Play Color
Another usefulemulator for iPhone is Game Play Color, which allows you to play classic Pokémon games on your iOS device. And after some updates, it now supports iPad OS and iOS 13. Playing Pokémon's iconic titles on your iPhone has never been more convenient, especially because this emulator supports GB and GBC games. It boasts various versatile features, including an offline support function through which one can play games even without any Wi-Fi connection. If you're wondering how to download and use Game Play Colour, just follow the instructions below:
- 1. Before installing this emulator, make sure that your Pokémon ROMs are downloaded onto your Google Drive.
- 2. Search for the Game Play Color website on your iPhone browser, click on the 'Share' button on the bottom and then click on 'Add to home screen'.
- 3. The Game Play Color icon will appear on your iPhone's home screen. Click on it to launch the application.
- 4. Sign into your Google Drive and then sync your account with the Game Play Colour app.
- 5. The ROMs should appear on the screen. Simply click on the game you'd like to play and enjoy classic Pokémon games on your iPhone.
Part 2 Play Recently Released Mobile Pokémon Games on iPhone
As we have mentioned above, you have obtain the ROMs to play Pokémon games after intalling emulators on your iPhone. But what if you failed to get the ROMs? Don't feel too upset. There are some newly-released Pokémon games, which you may have interest in. You could download the games from the App Store and play them directly on your iPhone.
1. Pokémon GO
Among the newly-released Pokémon games in recent years, the Pokémon GO may be the most popular one. Pokémon GO is a location-based VR game published in July, 2016 for both iOS and Android devices. Moreover, the game is free to play.
When you encounter a wild Pokémon, you could catch it by throwing a Poké Ball at it. After that, you will own it and be able to train it. Moreover, you could collect different Pokémons by traveling to different places. And if you want to collect more Pokémons but don't want to or are unable to travel too far, you could change your location to anywhere with a professional tool.
2. Pokémon Quest
Another Pokémon game in our list that you could play on iPhone is the Pokémon Quest. It's an action-adventure game of the Pokémon series released in June 2018 for both iOS and Android devices. Just as the Pokémon GO, it's also free to play.
The game is set in Tumblecube Island. And players need to build a strong Pokémon team and coplete all the levels in this island through battling with wild Pokémon.
Bonus: How to Spoof Your Location in Mobile Game Pokémon GO
Installing a Pokémon emulatorfor iPhone can be a complicated and technical process for many of us. Fortunately,Pokémon enthusiasts have the option to download some modern Pokémon gamesandplay them directly on their iPhone. Pokémon GO is one such game.
In Pokémon GO, players usually have to physically move around in order to explore the virtual map, but there is a way to make thiseasier. With a location changer likeTailorGo, everyone can change GPS location in the game easily, quickly and securely, which spares the trouble of moving physically and takes the user experience to another high level.
Spoof Your Location in Mobile Game Pokémon GO
- Change GPS location and teleport you to anywhere in Pokémon GO.
- Support specific coordinates as well as place name for precise and timely travel.
- Simulate natural movements such as walking, cycling and driving.
- Conveniently set the moving speed and times for your chosen route.
- Only take 3 easy steps to spoof location within the game.
- Perfectly compatible both iOS and Android device.
- Every user can get the free trial for initial experience.
Get Free Trial
Get Free Trial
The opportunities provided by TailorGo are endless and every player canenjoy Pokémon GO to the fullest with 3 simple steps.
With this comprehensive and versatile guide, we believe you have known more about Pokémon Emulators for iPhone. Emulators are a wonderful way to enjoy a wide range of classic Pokémon games on your iPhone, but the installation process and the need for ROMs makes the process a little complex and tedious. You can avoid this hassle entirely if you enjoy playing modern games like Pokémon GO, and with a GPS virtual location spoofer such as TailorGo you'll get the freedom to explore and enjoy this game wherever and whenever you want. What's more, if you prefer large screen display, you can always play modern Pokémon GO on your computer via some tools.
You Might Also Like
- How to Teleport in Pokémon GO
- How to Fix "Failed to Detect Location (12)" in Pokémon Go
- How to Fake GPS on iOS 16 Beta for AR Games and Dating App?
- Can I Change the Location on the iOS 16 Beta 7?
- The Best 2 Kinds of GPS Spoofer Tools
Any product-related questions? Contact our support team right now > >
Yes, it is very possible to play Pokémon games on iPhone or iPad. There are some Pokémon games already on the App Store that are free to download. However, you can also use a Pokémon emulator for iPhone or iPad to play classic Pokémon games as well.How can I play Pokemon on my iPhone 2022? ›
All you need to do is open the Game Play Colour website on the Safari browser and add it to your iPhone home screen by tapping on Play Now>Share. Tap on the icon that appears on the home screen and load the ROM from your Google Drive account.How do I play emulators on iOS? ›
After downloading an emulator, you should see an iOS or iPadOS alert asking for permission to install it. Tap Install, then wait for it to appear on your Home screen. Lastly, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management and tap the developer's name to Trust or Install that app.Is there a mobile Pokémon emulator? ›
There's no one-size-fits-all Pokémon emulator, but everything from the original Game Boy games to the Nintendo DS titles are available to emulate on Android. That includes: Game Boy (GB): Red, Blue, and Yellow. Game Boy Color (GBC): Gold, Silver, and Crystal.Is there a real iOS emulator? ›
Xcode has a really good iOS emulator built in for testing purposes and so you can run your app on a virtual device instead of deploying it on a physical device. The best thing about the built in Xcode emulator is the fact that you get access to a variety of devices and screen sizes with different iOS versions.Are emulators safe for iPhone? ›
Is it safe to run console emulators for iOS? It is absolutely safe to run an emulator as long as you're not carrying out any illegal activity with its help. Nowadays, many applications provide support as it is fairly easy to test out things using an emulator.How do you play Pokemon on emulator 2022? ›
Open the web browser and download the BlueStacks. Sign in to your account after launching it. Form your Android device, click on the Google Play Store and install Pokémon GO. After installing, you can enjoy playing this game and this is the way, you can play the game using this Pokémon GO emulator.
iOS 12 or above. Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G) GPS and Location Services.Can I run an APK file on iPhone? ›
An APK file is what is used by the Android operating system. They are not compatible with iOS. You can only install Apps "purchased" from the Apple App Store.How can I play Pokemon on my iPhone without jailbreak? ›
Pokemon isn't currently available for iOS from the Apple App Store, but can be installed on your device using an emulator app called GBA4iOS. GBA4iOS is only available for iPhones running iOS 8.0. 3 and earlier, and does not require you to jailbreak your device.
- Android Studio.
- Remix OS Player.
- Nox Player.
- Ko Player.
The Project 64 - N64 emulator is one of the best emulators when it comes to playing retro Pokémon games. With this best emulator for Pokémon, you can play Nintendo 64 and 64DD games on Windows. It offers many features including HD graphics, great compatibility, save states, and cheat codes.What emulator to use for iOS? ›
Delta is considered one of the best emulators for iPhone as it supports a lot of Nintendo consoles like Game Boy (Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance), NES and SNES, N64, and Nintendo DS.
- Mobile Studio.
- Test Flight.
- Adobe Air.
There's a lot of grey area. If you own a game physically, you are likely to emulate or own a ROM of the game. However, there's no legal precedent in the United States to say it's illegal. There is no trial on record of any company going to court over emulators or ROMs and their use.Are emulators cheating? ›
However, in mobile games, cheaters can also use emulators in order to impact the rate of play, extract data used in the game, and trick the game logic into awarding unfair advantages to the cheater. This is why emulators using to cheat in mobile games are known as App Players.Is emulating games a crime? ›
Emulators are 100% legal, as is the process of downloading them. They are no different to other programs you might download such as word processing or music player software. Downloading and uploading ROMs is illegal, however, so make sure you use your own game files.How can I play Pokemon on my iPhone without Jailbreak 2022? ›
Open Safari on your iPhone and load the Game Play Color website. Tap Play Now, then tap the Share button and choose to Add to Home Screen. You should see a Game Play app icon appear on your Home Screen. Launch the Game Play app, then sign in to your Google Drive account.Do you need an emulator to play Pokemon? ›
You'll need to download a separate emulator for each game console you want to simulate on your PC. For Pokémon, this includes Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo DS. You can also play ROMs online using an online emulator without downloading anything at all.Can you trust BlueStacks? ›
Is Bluestacks Safe for Windows and MAC PCs? The short answer: yes! Bluestacks might be detected as a threat by some anti-virus software like McAfee and Avast, but it turns out these malware detections are false positives, i.e. when an antivirus wrongly identifies a legitimate process or file as malware.
The Steam Link app and an open-source alternative called Moonlight let you stream PC games to your Android or iPhone.How do I fix Pokémon GO not compatible? ›
- You're attempting to use an unofficial or out of date version of the app. Install the latest official version from the Google Play Store or the App Store, and/or.
- Your device's operating system is not supported. Please see here for supported OS versions.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed. - Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices. - Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.What is the iOS version of APK? ›
They're called . ipa files on all iOS devices.Can you emulate games on iPhone without jailbreak? ›
An emulator is a software imitation of a piece of hardware, like a video games console. You can install emulators on your iPhone or iPad—without jailbreaking it—to play some of the most popular video games ever made. Here are all the best emulators to use on your iPhone or iPad.Does Pkhex work on iPhone? ›
Pokémon core series save editor for Mobile Devices (Android/iOS), programmed in C#. Supports the following files: Save files ("main", *.Can you use ROMs on iPhone? ›
A ROM is the downloadable version of the game necessary for playing said game. So, you can think of the emulator as a digital console while the ROM is a digital game. Users often need to jailbreak their iOS device in order to run emulators and ROMs, which can open the device to some security risks.What is the strongest emulator? ›
- #1) LDPlayer.
- #2) BlueStacks.
- #3) NoxPlayer.
- #4) Memu.
- #5) Genymotion.
- #6) PrimeOS.
- #7) Android-x86.
- #8) ARChon.
LDPlayer is considered one of the best Android emulators for gaming. Because of its high speed and stability, it is widely used to play Android games. Moreover, the multitasking feature lets you open multiple windows simultaneously. Unlike other Android emulators on Windows, LDPlayer does not contain too many ads.Are emulators free? ›
On its own, the possibility of playing older games in whichever environment you please sounds like a nice option to have. But while emulators are free and legal, ROMs are not.
Dolphin is a free and open-source video game console emulator for GameCube and Wii that runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S.Do emulator players play with mobile players? ›
That depends. The only condition that Emulator players match with emulator players is when PUBG mobile can detected emulators. Many emulators have their own way to bypass the detection, so players of those emulators will play with mobile players.Which emulator gives best FPS? ›
Formerly known as Tencent Gaming Buddy, GameLoop is undoubtedly one of the best emulators for Free Fire PC gamers. They claim to be the most downloaded Android emulator on the market. It offers features such as smart key mapping, high performance, and various games.Can you put a GBA emulator on iPhone? ›
GBA4iOS is the best GBA emulator for iOS you can ever find on the internet. It allows you to play all GBA games for free on your iPhone and iPad that are running iOS 11 or above.Can you play 3DS emulator on iPhone? ›
Really sorry to tell you requester, but there is no single 3DS emulator for the iPhone since people don't want to take the risk of porting it.How can I play GBA games on my iPhone 2022? ›
Best Game Boy Emulators for iPhone and iPad (2022)
- Happy Chick.
- Delta Emulator.
- Provenance Emulator.
- RetroArch Emulator.
For playing Pokémon on iOS, the best emulator to use is Delta, iNDS, or the browser-based Eclipse emulator. All of these are free, and together they let you play Pokémon games from all the following consoles: Game Boy or Game Boy Color.Can phones run 3DS emulator? ›
Citra was the very first 3DS-capable emulator, built for PC. It is currently available on Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android.
Citra. What is this? Citra is a Nintendo 3DS emulator, which is actually not a very common console to find emulation for. Because 3DS emulation is so new, not all games are gonna play perfect.